The old, telephone box outside the Rodney Pub owned by the Parish Council has been refurbished and converted on their behalf by the Residents Association. We have a team of volunteers keeping the kiosk tidy and checking the display and books, making sure it is current and up-to-date. Please pop in, and take a look at the various leaflets in the racks, swap a book and check out the posters on the board.
Recycling in the Village – Eliminating the Idea of Waste® by recycling the “non-recyclable.”
This recycling programme is funded by brands, manufacturers and retailers to help collect and recycle hard to recycle waste. Any of the items below can be recycled and left at the drop off point located within the old telephone box.
- Any brand of crisp, nut, pretzel or popcorn packet eg Walkers
- Any size of Pringles can, foil and plastic lid
- Any brand of biscuit, cracker or cake wrapper
- Any brand of bread packaging that is made of LDPE (4) plastic
- Any brand of toothbrush, electric toothbrush head, toothpaste tube and outer packaging eg Colgate
- Any brand of soft, disposable contact lens, blister packaging and foil
- Old pens, retractable pencils, felt tips, highlighters etc
For more information see www.terracyle.co.uk
Just drop off your items into the special container inside the box – it’s that easy!